Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit through the Sites, any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties, and we will not be liable for any breach of the security of your Personal Information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism, and we are not responsible for unauthorized circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect various information that identifies you as a person (“Personal Information”) in two ways. First, we collect Personal Information that you provide to us. Second, we or our service providers may collect certain Automated Information that may contain Personal Information when you use our Sites.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
The Personal Information you provide to us is generally:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
- login and account information, including unique user ID and password
- personal details including gender and purchase history
- payment or credit card information through our third party payment processors
- personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing preferences
- employment and education history and other information that you provide to us if you apply for employment with us through our Sites
- Sign up for our email list
- Place an order with us online
- Buy a product at any of our retail locations
- Send us an email or other communication
- Join, like, or follow any of our social networking sites
- Register for an account with us
- Participate in our promotions, surveys, and/or contests
- the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet (which may include information about your geographic location)
- the unique identifiers of your device
- your browser characteristics
- your device characteristics
- your operating system
- your language preferences
- the URLs through which you were referred to our Site
- information on actions taken by you on our Site
- dates and times of your visits to our Site
- the pages you accessed on our Site
We or our service providers may collect information, which may include certain Personal Information data such as your IP address, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (a) IP-address; (b) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (c) unique device identifier and device type; (d) domain, browser type and language; (e) operating system and system settings; (f) country and time zone; (g) previously visited websites; (h) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (i) access times and referring URLs.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Sites. When you click one of these URLs, you will pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our Sites. If you prefer not to be tracked through our emails, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Third parties may also collect information via our Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets for analytical purposes and in order to deliver our targeted advertisements to you across the Internet.
Our web server may collect clickstream information such as the address (or URL) of the website that you came from before visiting the Sites, which pages you visit on the Sites, which browser you used to view the Sites, and any search terms you may have entered on our site, among other things. The Sites may also use other technologies to track which pages our visitors view.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Most commonly we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have asked us to do so, or consented to us doing so;
- Where we need to do so in order to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may send non-reversible hashed personal information collected on our website, e.g., IP address, e-mail address, telephone number and postal code, as well as in certain cases information about your interest in one or more of Georg Jensen's products to social media providers, e.g., Facebook or Instagram, and other digital marketing platforms when using such platforms for advertising. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for this purpose. You can do this by sending us an email at email@example.com. In that case, we respect your objection and will not then process your personal data for this purpose.
If we seek investors or go through a business transition, including but not limited to, a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be shared as part of the negotiation of the transaction and will likely be among the assets transferred in the event of a sale or partial sale of our assets.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
You may see advertisements for our products/services on other websites and mobile applications because we work with third party advertisers to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Through our relationships with these advertisers, we can target messaging to our users by interest-based, demographic, contextual, and other means. These third party advertisers track your online activities over time and across websites and mobile applications by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites and mobile applications that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our Sites and on third-party websites and mobile applications that participate in the advertising networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Some third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offer a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Some of these companies may collect personal information when you interact with our Sites, property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links:
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. See the “Privacy Notice for California Residents” here.
If you use a third-party website or application (e.g. Facebook, Google +, Twitter) to access our Sites or your account on our Sites, your activities on such third-party sites or apps are governed by the privacy practices of those sites or apps. The privacy policies of other sites and apps may differ significantly from ours, and we have no control over the operation of those sites or apps or the manner in which the collect, store, or process data.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
There are ways by which you can control how your Personal Information is used.
If you do not wish to receive our email promotional offers, you may opt-out by checking the relevant box when we collect your information, logging into your account to update your preferences, or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you. Please allow up to ten (10) business days for changes to your email preferences to take effect. During that time, you may continue to receive email communications from us that were already in process. Opting out of receiving our communications will not affect your receipt of service-related communications, such as payment confirmations and delivery status updates, if we have a data breach, or other such communications for which we have a legal obligation to inform you and/or to prevent fraud or harm to our Sites, our business, and/or third parties
You may opt out of Internet-based and mobile advertising on your mobile device by visiting TRUSTe’s Ad Preference Manager, currently available at www.preferences-mgr.truste.com, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice page, currently available at www.aboutads.info/choices, or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool currently available at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Our products and services use Google Analytics and its associated tracking technologies to help display our ads you see on other sites, and to help us manage and optimize our online advertising efforts. To opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, visit www.support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en or you may access the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-on, currently located at www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
DISCLOSURE FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
- Place of Arbitration Hearings. Unless you elect to conduct the arbitration by telephone or written submission, an in-person arbitration hearing will conducted at a JAMS facility in New York, New York.
- Selection of Arbitrator shall be made pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures or JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, depending on the amount of the claim as specified herein.
- Conduct of Arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator under JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. For claims exceeding $5,000.00, the arbitration shall be conducted under JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures Subject to the applicable JAMS procedure, the arbitrator shall allow reasonable discovery in the forms permitted by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, to the extent consistent with the purpose of the arbitration. The arbitrator(s) shall have no power or authority to amend or disregard any provision of this section or any other provision of these Terms of Service, except as necessary to comply with JAMS’ Policy on Consumer Arbitrations Pursuant to Pre-Dispute Clauses Minimum Standards of Procedural Fairness. The arbitration hearing shall be commenced promptly and conducted expeditiously. If more than one day is necessary, the arbitration hearing shall be conducted on consecutive days unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.
- Findings and Conclusions. The arbitrator(s) shall, after reaching judgment and award, prepare and distribute to the parties written findings of fact and conclusions of law relevant to such judgment and award and containing an opinion setting forth the reasons for the giving or denial of any award. The award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Costs and Fees. You will be subject to a filing fee, set by JAMS, to initiate the arbitration. To the extent permitted by JAMS procedures, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators’ and administrative fees of arbitration, and we will remain responsible for its share of costs, expenses and fees plus any costs, expenses and fees required under JAMS procedures.
- Litigation. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms. Either party also may, without waiving any remedy under these Terms, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim or provisional relief that is necessary to protect the rights or property of that party, pending the establishment of the arbitral tribunal (or pending the arbitral tribunal’s determination of the merits of the controversy).
Any arbitration, claim or other proceedings by or between you and us shall be conducted on an individual basis and not in any class action, mass action, or on a consolidated or representative basis. You further agree that the arbitrator shall have no authority to award class-wide relief or to combine or aggregate similar claims or unrelated transactions. You acknowledge and agree that this agreement specifically prohibits you from commencing arbitration proceedings as a representative of others. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, each party waives any right to a jury trial. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void, or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
We do not knowingly permit persons under 13 years of age to use the Sites, and we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection of Personal Information that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
We do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through email or otherwise. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting the same to us, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute the information for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
Version 2.7, December 17th, 2021