GEORG JENSEN CUSTOMER CLUB
Updated July 2014
- Georg Jensen Limited (hereinafter “Georg Jensen”, “us” or “we”) is the data controller and, accordingly, responsible for all personal data you provide to us in connection with your membership of the Georg Jensen customer club. As the data controller, we will process all your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Your use of our web site and services is subject to the general terms and conditions in force at any time. You are responsible for keeping yourself informed of the general terms and conditions, which are available on www.georgjensen.com.
CONSENT AND REQUEST FOR GEORG JENSEN’S MARKETING MATERIAL
- The purpose of a membership of the Georg Jensen customer club is, among other things, to receive emails and text messages from us regarding promotional offers and other marketing materials regarding our products. Accordingly, by providing us with your email address and mobile phone number and becoming a member of the Georg Jensen customer club, you are requesting us to send you our newsletter, our promotional offers and other marketing materials regarding our products for the duration of your membership of the customer club. The newsletter etc. will be sent to the email address and/or the mobile phone number you provide to us.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
- When creating a member profile, you are required to provide us with the following information: full name, email address, mobile number, country and gender.
- We may also collect the following information: telephone number, address, age, date of birth, product interests, lifestyle interests, preferred store and/or sales assistant, marital status and wedding date. This information will only be collected if you actively submit it on our website or provide it to the shop assistants in our stores. If you do not want us to collect such information, please do not submit it or provide it to our shop assistants.
- We may further collect the following information:
- information regarding transactions connected to your membership profile, including transactions made on our website and stores, and information which is necessary to perform such transactions,
- information regarding your behavioural response to our newsletters and your behaviour in our online shop,
- your personal data when you enter or respond to a contest, survey or other promotional features. In these situations, you will be specifically informed about the terms and conditions for participating and which personal data that will be collected in connection with the contest, survey or promotional feature.
PURPOSE OF OUR COLLECTION AND USE
- We collect and use your personal data to supply you with the Georg Jensen customer club services, to understand your needs and to provide you with better products and services.
- Furthermore, we use your information to communicate with you, to keep track of your registered purchases, to update you on products, services and benefits, to personalise our website for you, to contact you in connection with marketing research and to provide you with marketing material and information, newsletters or other information that could be of interest to you based on your particular interests. In addition, your information will also be used for statistical and demographic purposes.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Your name, telephone number, email address and membership number may be disclosed to other entities belonging to the Georg Jensen group of companies if you identify yourself as a member of the Georg Jensen customer club to these entities, including when visiting Georg Jensen stores in other countries.
- If you visit a Georg Jensen store outside the EU and you identify yourself as a member of the Georg Jensen Customer Club in the store, the shop assistant may look you up in our customer club database. If so, your name, telephone number, email address and membership number will be transferred to the country of the store. By identifying yourself as a member of the Georg Jensen customer club in the store, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the country where the store is located.
- We may further transfer your personal data to third parties who assist us when processing your orders and/or delivering your orders to fulfil our commitments to you.
- Our parent company, Georg Jensen A/S, Denmark, undertakes the technical operation of our website and IT, and Georg Jensen A/S uses in this connection a subcontractor. Accordingly, Georg Jensen A/S acts as data processor on our behalf and Georg Jensen A/S’s subcontractor acts as sub-processor. This implies that the personal data you provide to us are transferred to Georg Jensen A/S and Georg Jensen A/S’s subcontractor.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
- You may, at any time, access, review, correct, update, change or delete some or all of the information registered under your membership profile. Log into your account on our website, go to your membership profile, and make the desired changes.
- If you wish know which personal data we hold about you, the purpose of our processing, who receives your personal data and the origin of the information, please contact us as specified in section 10. Likewise, if you wish us to correct, update or delete your personal data and/or your membership profile, please contact us as specified in section 10. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
- If your membership profile is deleted, we will discontinue collection of your personal data and the personal data we hold about you will be deleted.
- Notwithstanding the above, we will store your personal data if obliged to do so by law. Accordingly, we may store your personal data after the data are deleted from your membership profile to the extent this is required for accounting reasons or other legal obligations we are subject to.
- Cookies may be used for the following purposes:
- to improve our website's usability and to personalise the website for you,
- to analyse the use of our website, including to gather statistics about visitors,
- in the administration of the website, including to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities,
- Targeted advertising from us and third parties.
- You must safeguard your user name and password. Your password must remain confidential and you must take all reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of the password. Accordingly, you should not disclose your user name and password to anyone and you should remember to sign out of your account at the end of each session.
Phone number: +44 207 499 6541
Georg Jensen (UK) Ltd.
Bond Street House
14 Clifford Street
London, W1S 4JU