Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions listed below apply to all purchases of products in the online shop at www.georgjensen.com/global belonging to Georg Jensen A/S, Sdr. Fasanvej 7, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark, Business Registration Number: 26573645 (hereinafter Georg Jensen). These Terms and Conditions and any purchase agreement entered into on the site are subject to Danish law.
By placing an order, the customer accepts these Terms and Conditions, which will at all times be accessible in the Georg Jensen’s online shop. Please read them thoroughly. We hope you will enjoy using our online shop.
The following is a step-by-step guide to the purchasing process on www.georgjensen.com/global:
- Locate the product you wish to purchase.
- Place the product in the shopping cart by clicking [“Add to Cart”].
- After this, you can continue shopping if you wish to. While in the online shop, you can see the contents of your shopping cart at any time by clicking “Cart” in the upper right corner of the site.
- If you regret your choice, you can remove it from the cart by clicking “Remove”. If you want to change the quantity, edit the number in the “Quantity” box or click +/-. If you want the product gift wrapped, tick “Gift wrap this item (free)”. As a rule, items are gift wrapped individually. If you wish to add more items to your cart, click “Continue shopping”. When you are ready to complete your purchase, click the button [“Proceed to checkout”].
- If you have not already logged on to My Georg Jensen, you will now be presented with the option to log on or sign up, before you go ahead with your purchase. You can also proceed directly to the checkout page without logging in. Then click [“Checkout now”].
- On the next page, you enter your shipping address. Also enter the invoice address if this is different from the shipping address. If you are logged in to My Georg Jensen, the address fields will be pre-filled with the address you have provided in My Georg Jensen. You can change this information as required – your address information in My Georg Jensen will not be overwritten. Further down on this page, you will find information about the shipping method. Below this you can enter a gift message which will then be printed and enclosed with your package. Finally, you can add a comment for Customer Service. You are responsible and liable for ensuring that the entered customer information is correct, as Georg Jensen will perform no further validation or control of this information.
- If you have a coupon code, please click [“Apply Coupon Code”] under Your Order in the right column. Then enter you code and click [“Apply”]. The discount will appear right away.
- When you have finished entering your data, click [“Review order”].
- On the following page, you will see a summary of your order and the information you have entered. If needed, you can edit the shipping and invoice addresses as well as the gift card text and comment to Customer Service. Then select the payment method by clicking the card you wish to pay with. Finally, you must accept our Terms and Conditions and then click [“Place order & pay”].
- When you click [“Place order & pay”], you will be transferred to the payment page, which is located in a secure environment (you can see that you are in a secure environment when the internet address begins with “https”).
- You must now enter your payment card information. Your order is not completed until you click the [“Pay”] button. If you leave this page prior to clicking [“Pay”], the order will not be completed and processed. When you click [“Pay”}, you accept the payment obligation for your order.
- As soon as the purchase is completed, we will send you an Order Confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when placing your order. In case the desired product is not in stock at the time of ordering, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to make arrangements.
- When your order has been filled and shipped, you will receive an e-mail with a link to your shipment information on the UPS website and then an e-mail with your invoice.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
All prices are listed in EUR and exclude VAT for delivery outside the European Union. For exceptions see our shipping guidelines. In addition to the order total (including freight charges) a fee to cover expenses for import duty and VAT/tax will be charged by UPS when delivering the items to you. The fee is app. EUR 25-30 and must be paid to UPS before the goods are released. For information on local import duty and local VAT/tax please check with your local tax and customs authorities. We reserve the right to change our prices with immediate effect and without prior notice. Prices are typically adjusted on 1 February. The price applicable to your purchase is that which is listed on the website for the product in question at the time of the order.
For orders above EUR 250, shipping charges are included. For orders below EUR 250, the following rates apply as of June 2013:
- Delivery in Europe, excluding countries in the European Union: EUR 26
- Delivery to Greenland, Faroe Islands, Iceland: EUR 42
- Delivery to South America, Africa and Asia Pacific: EUR 48
- Delivery to the Russia region: EUR 40
- Delivery to all other countries: EUR 49
Free shipping may be offered in connection with campaigns. Shipping charges will be listed on the checkout pages and in the order confirmation that you will receive via e-mail.
Georg Jensen accepts payment with the following cards: VISA, MasterCard, American Express and JCB. When you place an order, the payment total will be reserved on your account, but the money will not be deducted from your account until we ship your order.
Georg Jensen encrypts all of your card data with the so-called SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. This means that unauthorised persons cannot read your card number or other information transmitted during the transaction with GlobalCollect, who handles payments for purchases made on georgjensen.com. Note that the page where you provide your payment information looks different from the rest of the shop. This is due to the requirement from GlobalCollect that the page must be secure and the information encrypted.
You can order online at any time you wish. The Georg Jensen staff processes orders Monday-Friday from 10:00-15:00 Central European Time. Orders placed outside of these hours will be processed on the following business day.
Georg Jensen will ship the goods via UPS (unless otherwise indicated) to a recipient outside the European Union. For exceptions see our shipping guide. Delivery will be made to the delivery address provided by the customer. To ship to Australia, New Zealand, USA or countries in the European Union, click “Change Country” in the top left corner of the site and select your destination country from the list that appears.
You can expect to receive your order within 4-7 business days when we have the item in stock. As Georg Jensen cannot guarantee local delivery conditions, Georg Jensen cannot provide a guaranteed delivery time at the customer/recipient address. In case the desired product is not in stock at the time of ordering, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to make arrangements.
As a consumer, you have the right to cancel the purchase order if the delivery is delayed in relation to the applicable agreement.
We insure all shipments against loss and damage while they are in transit from Georg Jensen to the recipient address. As soon as the shipment has been signed for at the agreed address, the insurance will lapse. If your package is damaged upon arrival, we recommend that you make a note that you are receiving a damaged package when signing for the shipment.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to cancel your purchase within 14 days without explanation. The right of withdrawal lapses 14 days after receipt of the goods.
To use your right of withdrawal, you must inform us unambiguously that you wish to withdraw, e.g. by letter or e-mail. You cannot simply choose not to receive/sign for the package upon delivery. You may use the return form that is enclosed with your package, but this is not obligatory. You can also download the return form here.
If you choose to cancel a purchase, you must return the goods in the same condition and quantity as when you received them. As the packaging represents a significant part of the product value, the product cannot be considered returned in the same condition and quantity if the packaging is not included. You are liable for ensuring that the return goods are packaged suitably. Thus, we encourage you to save the packaging until you are certain that you wish to keep the product. You are liable for any reduction in the value of the product arising from other handling than what is required to determine the nature and properties of the product and the way it works.
You must return the product(s) without undue delay and no later than 14 days from the date on which you informed us of your wish to withdraw.
Product returns must be sent to the following address:
Georg Jensen A/S
If you wish to arrange for return shipping yourself, then you pay the return shipping cost. Remember to duly insure the shipment so that you may claim compensation from the shipping provider if your package is lost in transit.
We will pay for the return shipping cost provided that you follow the below procedure. Please note that we do not accept packages sent as cash on delivery.
Products should be returned via UPS. Send an e-mail to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
“Return/Exchange of order number xxxxxxxxx (insert your order number which can be found on your Order Confirmation)”.
We will contact you and arrange for pick-up by UPS. We will make sure that the relevant paperwork is completed and that UPS collects the package during normal working hours at a place convenient to you. Alternatively we can e-mail you a freight label and you can drop off the package at the nearest UPS store.
When you cancel a purchase we will refund your payment to your account as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after we have received your notification that you wish to withdraw. We can, however, withhold the refund until we have received the return product or you have provided us with documentation showing that the product has been returned. If you follow the above procedure for returning with UPS via our Customer Service, you meet this requirement.
Refunds are normally transferred to the payment card with which the purchase was made. In connection with pre-payment via bank transfer, the refund will normally be transferred to the account from which payment for the purchase was made.
These return instructions are also included on the return form that is included with your package.
THE DANISH SALE OF GOODS ACT
In addition to the above, as a customer you are protected by the general provisions of the Danish Sale of Goods Act as regards defects and delay.
If you wish to exchange a product you purchased, Georg Jensen will pay the return shipping cost as described above for the first exchange. If a product is to be exchanged multiple times, e.g. if the size is wrong, you must pay the shipping costs for any additional exchange.
In the lower part of the return form that is included with your package, you can specify why and to what you want the product exchanged.
For claims regarding defects or deliveries that have not arrived, please contact:
Georg Jensen A/S
Sdr. Fasanvej 7
Telephone: +45 38 14 98 98
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Georg Jensen is subject to the Danish Act on Processing of Personal Data and all handling of personal data is conducted in accordance with this Act. Under the Danish Act on Processing of Personal Data, Georg Jensen is considered responsible for the data that is registered about customers and visitors to http://www.georgjensen.com. By making a purchase on georgjensen.com, you accept our personal data protection policy.
Georg Jensen collects data about you in different ways in connection with your use of www.georgjensen.com/global. It is important to Georg Jensen that your personal data is stored securely and confidentially. Access to all registered user data on georgjensen.com is limited to trusted employees of Georg Jensen and our security measures are regularly controlled to determine whether data about our users is handled correctly and in observance of the users’ rights.
However, it is not possible to guarantee 100% security for data transactions via the internet. When data is sent and stored electronically, there is always a risk that others will force their way to unauthorized access to protected data before it reaches our servers. So even though Georg Jensen does its best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure, nor guarantee the security of any information. Thus, you send your data at your own risk.
Georg Jensen does not transmit or sell to third parties information that can be connected to you without your explicit permission.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- to improve our website's usability and to personalise the website for you,
- to analyse the use of our website, including to gather statistics about visitors,
- in the administration of the website, including to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities,
- targeted advertising from us and third parties.
PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH PURCHASES
In connection with purchases on our website, Georg Jensen requests the customer’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, all of which are necessary to fill the order and are used solely in connection with processing the order. The information is transmitted and stored electronically in unencrypted form for a period of 5 years.
PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH COMPETITIONS
Georg Jensen does not store the names and e-mail addresses of users who have participated in e.g. competitions after the end of the competition.
MY GEORG JENSEN
You may voluntarily choose to register your e-mail address on a mailing list with Georg Jensen by signing up to My Georg Jensen, our customer club, to receive regular news updates and other information from Georg Jensen. You can subscribe to and unsubscribe from this service at any time, free of charge.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The rapid development of the internet can make changes to our Terms and Conditions necessary. Thus, Georg Jensen reserves the right to update and revise the Terms and Conditions. When we make such revisions, we will also change the date listed after “Last updated” at the bottom of this document. Significant changes will be made public on georgjensen.com.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have about these Terms and Conditions or other aspects of our service. Please contact our Customer Service on telephone +45 38 14 98 98 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Last updated: June 2014.