Georg Jensen Pty Limited (ABN 78 000 773 633) and its Associated Companies ("George Jensen" or "we") are committed to providing you with the highest levels of professional service. This includes protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(the "Privacy Act"). We understand the importance placed on the privacy of your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. This includes any personal information or opinions about you, whether true or not, no matter how the information or opinions are recorded.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information and includes, but is not limited to, information about your health, race or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union or association, or criminal record. We will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent, unless there is a need to disclose such information in accordance with the Privacy Act or to comply with any other legislation. Further information about how Georg Jensen collects, uses and discloses health information is set out below.
Why do we collect personal information?
Georg Jensen's vision is to be a leading, trend-setting and surprising international luxury goods brand anchored in jewellery and watches. Our mission is to delight and surprise our customers worldwide by delivering unique products of superior design and quality, underpinned by unrivalled customer service.
In connection with providing unique jewellery and watch products of superior design and quality and delivering unrivalled customer service, Georg Jensen collects personal information from various individuals, including:
- Customers and prospective customers, including visitors of our website who are registered as a member of our mailing list and in-store customers who have voluntarily agreed to leave their email and mailing contact details by completing a form in the shop;
- Suppliers and prospective suppliers; and
- Employees and prospective employees.
Georg Jensen also collects personal information from individuals for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for information from individuals about products and/or services and/or providing other information;
- To process orders for products;
- To collect and process payments;
- To process any returns or complaints;
- To provide updates and ongoing information about Georg Jensen's products and services and inform you of upcoming events, market information, developments and activities;
- To enter into contracts for the provision of products and/or services to customers;
- To enter into contracts to receive products and/or services from suppliers;
- To better understand your needs and provide you with personalised products and services;
- To monitor the quality of our products, for example, by way of market research;
- To market and promote our products and services to you;
- To update or add information to our database of customers and/or suppliers;
- To enable you to enter or respond to a Georg Jensen contest, survey, sweepstakes or other promotional feature;
- When considering making offers to job applicants and prospective employees or for employment purposes; and
- To receive services from you or the organisation which employs you.
Collection of personal information
Georg Jensen collects personal information necessary to lawfully and ethically carry on its business of providing unique jewellery and watch products of superior design and quality and delivering unrivalled customer service.
If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis, please tell us. If this is possible and lawful, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, we may not be able to provide the services or supply the product in question if we are not provided with the personal information requested.
What personal information do we collect and use?
The nature and extent of personal information collected by Georg Jensen varies depending on your particular interaction with Georg Jensen.
Personal information that we commonly collect and use includes your name, position, date of birth, current address, facsimile numbers, email address, telephone numbers, credit card details, next of kin, tax file number, proof of eligibility to work in Australia, education details, Australian Business Number, bank details, business references, financial details, details about your business, drivers licence number and preferred means of contact.
The personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into one of the following categories:
- personal information relating to our current and prospective customers in the course of conducting our business of providing unique jewellery and watch products;
- personal information about our suppliers and/or suppliers' employees in the course of conducting our business of providing unique jewellery and watch products;
- personal information obtained to assist in managing and building customers, supplier and other business relationships;
- personal information, including name and contact information of persons consenting to receive marketing and other promotional material on their or their employer's behalf;
- personal information about job applicants or prospective employees in connection with applications for employment or work; and
- information and opinions from referees of prospective employees.
We will not use your personal information in a manner contrary to the Privacy Act or this Policy, nor for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
Updating of personal information or inaccuracy
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you feel that any information we hold about you is not accurate or up to date, or your details have or are about to change, please inform us and we will correct or update your personal information.
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. We collect information through various means, including interviews, appointments, forms (including order forms) and questionnaires. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
In some situations we may also obtain personal information about you from a third party source. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information and the organisations to which we may disclose your information, subject to any exceptions under the Act.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose it for related or ancillary purposes, such as for the development and marketing of our products and/or services, invoicing or providing further information about other product and/or services offered by us.
For the purposes referred to in this Policy, we may disclose your personal information to external organisations including:
- referees and former employers;
- credit agencies and financial institutions;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- our related entities and companies, and our contractors and suppliers.
Do we send information overseas?
We do not usually send personal information out of Australia. If you need us to send information to another country we will do so with your consent. If we are otherwise required to send information overseas we will take measures to protect your personal information. We will protect your personal information either by ensuring that the country of destination has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into contractual arrangements with the recipient of your personal information that safeguards your privacy.
We may share personal information we collect and use with our Associated Companies. Associated Companies means Georg Jensen A/S and also any subsidiary corporation or any Related Body Corporate (as that term is used in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
Access to and correction of your personal information
You have a right to access and copy your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Act. If you would like to access your personal information please follow the procedures set out in our Access Policy. Our Access Policy can be accessed on our website (www.georgjensenstore.com.au) or by contacting our Privacy Officer. For security reasons, you will be required to put your request in writing and provide proof of your identity. If you advise us that personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date we will take all reasonable steps to correct our records. We may charge a reasonable fee for photocopying any information requested by you.
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information. Electronic information is protected by various security measures (including password protection) and physical paper files are stored in a secure location. Access to information and databases is restricted to staff of Georg Jensen that needs access to the information, in order to perform their duties. All our staff are bound by obligations of confidentiality.
Others who may have access to your personal information
Sometimes we may use external service providers to perform certain necessary functions and, in performing such functions, these service providers may have access to some of the personal information which we collect. The service providers are bound by obligations of confidentiality and may only have access to the information to the extent to which they require it for the proper and due performance of their obligations as service providers.
We have a Complaints Policy for dealing with your privacy complaints. The purpose of the Complaints Policy is to ensure that any person that has a complaint about the way their personal information is collected, used, disclosed, stored and administered by Georg Jensen may lodge a complaint under the Complaints Policy. All complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with promptly. The Complaints Policy is our way of ensuring your privacy concerns are raised and addressed promptly. Our Complaints Policy can be accessed on our website (www.georgjensenstore.com.au) or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
A person may use our website anonymously but any information which a person chooses to submit to us will be treated in accordance with this Policy.
Our internet service provider may record details of visits to our site and when visiting our site your visit will/may be logged and the following information collected:
- The visitor's server address, domain name and browser type;
- The date and time of the visit to the site;
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- The previous website visited;
- The user's operating system; and
- The links followed from other sites to get to the current site.
The information listed above is collected for statistical and research purposes only and will only be utilised internally by Georg Jensen. There may be occasions when a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to access, review or use this information.
How to contact us
If you would like more information on privacy or have any questions in relation to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer. We can be contacted by telephone, mail or facsimile as follows:Georg Jensen Pty Limited 18/3 Vuko Place WARRIEWOOD NSW 2102 Telephone: (02) 9913 4203 Facsimile: (02) 9970 7691
We reserve the right to review, and if necessary, change this Policy.CFO May 2007